The 14 Best Places for Free Yoga in Miami
A few months ago, New Times scouted out the best yoga studios across Miami. We found traditional and intimate spots, as well as spaces that prefer to downward-dog in midair (yes, acrobatic or aerial-style yoga is a real thing). Unfortunately, many of the studios shared one crucial trait: They're ridiculously expensive. Most classes average $30 to $40, an amount many of us would rather not pay for an hourlong sweat session.
But in typical New Times fashion, we're here with a solution: free yoga for all.
No, this isn't a scam or an April Fool's prank. Miami, though home to some of the priciest things around (parking, food, and rent, to name a few), has a sizable number of locations offering free yoga. From beach sessions to parks, indoor studios, and large yogi gatherings, here are 14 places to satisfy your namaste craving without the guilt of paying a hefty price. Be sure to pack a mat, water, and a towel, because most of these spots don't provide accessories.
14. 3rd Street Beach Yoga in Miami Beach: In an effort to make yoga accessible and affordable to all, 3rd Street Beach Yoga offers sessions in Miami Beach every day of the week, free of charge. Monday through Sunday, find classes at 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. (in fall and winter) and 6 p.m. (in spring and summer). If there's rain, thunder, lightning, or a temperature below 55 degrees, expect class to be canceled.
13. Green Monkey Yoga at North Shore Park Bandshell: Get the benefits of a Green Monkey yoga class sans the cost. Mondays and Wednesdays at Collins Park and the North Shore Bandshell on 72nd Street, find a free session beginning at 6 p.m. For more information, call 305-673-7730.
12. Yoga at South Pointe Park: Also sponsored by Green Monkey Yoga, South Pointe Park in South Beach hosts free hourlong classes Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. For more information, call 305-673-7730.
11. Meditation and Yoga at the North Miami Public Library: Every Thursday, find a free yoga and meditation classes led by Lawrence Huff. Class runs from 6:15 to 7:15. For more information, contact Huff at 305-926-3578 or the library at 305-891-5535.
10. Athleta at the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables: Women's athletic-clothing store Athleta offers free yoga at its Merrick Park location Saturdays a few times a month. Find free yoga at the store's Lincoln Road location too. For more information, check the store's monthly calendar.
9. Yoga at West Dade Regional Library: On Tuesdays, West Dade Regional Library offers yoga for kids at 6:30 p.m., followed by hatha yoga for adults at 7. For more information, call 305-553-1134.
8. Yoga at Riviera Park in Coral Gables: Thanks to the FREEdOM Flow Project, Riviera Park in Coral Gables (6611 Yumuri St., Coral Gables) hosts yoga sessions Wednesdays at 6 p.m. For more information, call 305-446-6800.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.