Did y'all see that CNN Republican Presidential Debate on Wednesday? Not one mention of arts and culture. If you ask us, the GOP's allergic to creativity. It's safe to say Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum won't be singing with B.B. King if either of those two yodels is elected commander-in-chief.
But don't worry; their chances are grim. It's the last weekend in February and there are plenty of neat events going down 'round Miami. Let's celebrate diversity, arts, and culture.
From swanky South Beach Food and Wine Festival happenings to Shakespearean theatre, the options are endless. Check out the 10 best things to do in Miami this weekend.
- Reggae Jam: Third World & Inner Circle: Bad boys, bad boys, what you going to do when you catch Inner Circle at the Knight Concert Hall.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: With a Miami native at the helm of this celebrated dance troupe, this show's going to be thrilling.
- Locos Por Juana Tour Kickoff Party: Kick-it with the group before they hit the road.
- Hamlet: To be, or not to be at the SoBe Institute of the Arts' performance of this Shakespearean classic, that is the question.
- Travelling Light: This "tribute to the Eastern European immigrants who played a major role in Hollywood's golden age" can't be missed.
- Lenny Kravitz: I wish that I could fly, into the sky and catch a bird's eye view of this hit maker's show.
- Crazy Horse: French nudity!
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival: It's your last day to hang with the celebrity chefs of the Food Network/Travel Channel.
- Festival Vallenato: Celebrate Colombia con un poco de vallenato.
- IDEA@thebass Family Day: You don't spend enough time with your kids. Make some Brazilian masks together.