Hot damn, it's Friday, amigos! It's also the first weekend of March. That means we have the chance to start fresh. February's love-sick theme is overrated, anyway. You know what March brings? Beer. We may not be an old English town in the Northeast where people gather around a local pub to swap old-school stories about their ancestors coming from Ireland. But we do gather around the window at David's Cafe all the time and talk no se que with a cortadito in hand.
After all, Miami has flavor, yo.
Here are the 10 best things to do this weekend in the city that has more sazon than any other we know. Dale.
- Rob Delaney live: Honestly, who doesn't love a good banana hammock-sportin' comedian?
- Mariachi Gringo: This will be the world premier of the ;Miami International Film Festival flick. Here's lookin' at you, kid.
- All Star Comedy Jam: Shaq is the one who puts this show on... so you already know it's gonna big and bad.
- Carnaval on the Mile: Culture, food, drink, and a tremenda pachanga for everyone! (No, really! It's free).
- 9 Mile Music Festival: No cigarette smoking here, kids. You know what I'm talking about (PS- only one day left to get tickets!)
- Musical Chairs: Don't worry. You won't have to hurry down every time the music stops. For this movie, you just sit and enjoy the show.
- Donald Glover live: Who doesn't love this kid? He's here to make you laugh, so hurry and get your tickets.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- K. Gostoa and DJ Le Spam: It's like the movie Rio on ecstasy. Brazilian, funk, Cumbia, and Samba music all rolled into one.
- Heleno: It'll be this flick's US premiere screening. Hey, it may not be the world premiere, but of all cities in the US, Miami is pretty damn honored.
- Mark Della Ventura: A one-man play about a big boy with a small problem.