Ten Best Things to do This Weekend in Miami
Oh hello, payday. We've been waiting for you all week, itching to burn through two-weeks worth of employer compensation on relevant arts and culture events, dance parties and all the other fun shit Miami has to offer.
From communal, cultural celebrations in Little Haiti to Jewish girls gone wild in North Miami Beach, there's more diversity in this weekend alone as there was in Newt Gingrich's last marriage. Speaking of which, get ready for the GOP, y'all. Florida's next.
Here's a list of near stuff happening round the Big Mango over the weekend.
- Pulse: Late Night at the New World Symphony: What, elements of electronic and classical music blending together inside a Frank Gehry-designed building? Yes!
- International Chocolate Festival: Indulge a little and get high off some cacao.
- Big Night Little Haiti: The neighborhood's liveliest monthly party goes down this weekend at the Little Haiti Cultural Center.
- Magic Circus Presents Laurent Garnier: Francophiles rejoice, French house is taking over Amnesia.
- Nora Chipaumire's Chimurenga: How 'bout a good ol' performance memoir?
- Miami Jewish Film Festival: Day one of the Miami Jewish Film Festival kicks off on Saturday.
- Tool is Loot: The Florida premiere of a performance the New York Times called "deviously beautiful."
- La Rondine: An opera about a sugar baby sounds incredibly fitting for a city like Miami.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.