It's the last weekend of 2011/first weekend of 2012. If you haven't already spent your Christmas bonus on a gaudy pair of Tory Burch flats (ladies) or bulky Air Jordan XI Concords (fellas), there are plenty of ways to burn through a couple hundred bucks over the next few days.
From New Year's Eve celebrations to outdoor music festivals, the Big Mango's full of exciting events this weekend. Take a look at the ten best things to do this weekend 'round Miami.
- Into the Abyss: Miami Beach Cinematheque's screning Werner Herzog's latest documentary through Wednesday.
- Orange Drive Music Festival: Boys II Men and Gym Class Heroes are headlining the first night of the Orange Drive Music Festival. Now that's what I call music.
- Brad Garrett: Dude's got one of the deepest voices in comedy and sounds a little like Lurch from the Addams Family. We're sold.
- Nero, Afrobeta, and Caligula - Honeymoon: Dubstep your way through the last Friday of 2011.
- King Mango Strut: The quirkiest street parade in the nation will celebrate its diamond anniversary, the big 3-0.
- Rick Ross's Rose Champagne NYE: There's still a chance for you and your bros to fork over $100,000 to sit next to Rick Ross as he counts down to the New Year at Cameo.
- Backdoor Bamby: Anything goes at this NYE bash.
- Bayfront Park's New Year's Eve: Make like a tourist and head over to Bayfront for Miami's biggest public NYE celebration.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets: The Dolphins finally end their miserable season this weekend against the Jets.
- New Year's Day Gospel Brunch: Cure that hangover with some Gospel music and grits.