Ten Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas -- and Hanukkah. Quite literally, actually. We're in the middle of the Festival of Lights and just two days away from Jesus' alleged birthday.
Whether you're held up at your parents' house this weekend or stuck at an airport, happy holidays from your friends at Cultist. And in the true spirit of the season, we want to give y'all a little something -- our weekly guide of best things to around Miami.
- The Santaland Diaries: The David Sedaris story-turned-play closes out its monthlong run at 1300 Biscayne.
- Guys and Dolls: The legendary musical invades the Byron Carlyle Theater this weekend.
- DangerFlow: Old school seventies free funk meets dance music at Jazzid.
- Matzo Ball: The Society of Young Jewish Professionals host their annual holiday mixer at LIV. Let Manischewitz mayhem begin.
- Space Christmas: Spend Christmas Eve rolling ball and fist pumping in a Santa hat.
- Soul Doctor: Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach's a gnarly dude. He escaped Nazi Germany and became one of the most celebrated figures of Jewish music. His remarkable story is the heartbeat of Soul Doctor.
- Santa's Enchanted Forest: One low price, all rides free!
- Destroyio Records Christmas Show: The folks over at Destroyio want to punk rock around the Christmas tree.
- Miss Jewish South Florida: After a seven-year hiatus, it's back and better than ever.
- Winter Wonder Island: Nothing says Winter Wonder Island like a camel ride.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.