Ten Best Things to Do This Weekend
We're two-and-a-half weeks into November and it's really starting to smell like culture 'round the Magic City.
The Miami Book Fair International's in full swing at Miami-Dade College's Wolfson Campus, wrapping up its weeklong residency this weekend with the annual street fair. Art Basel is just around the corner, creeping up on us quicker than a Middle Eastern uprising.
Pretty soon, the start of Hanukkah. Five days later, Christmas. Before you know it, it's 2012 and we're all dead like the Mayans predicted.
We better make the best of it, y'all--life's too short. Check out some of the killer events going down this weekend in Miami.
- An Evening with... ADULTS!: Ever feel like yelling "shut the fuck up and sleep" to your toddler? Spend an evening with Go the Fuck to Sleep author Adam Mansbach and vent.
- An Evening with Nicole Krauss: Only twelve pages into Krauss's Great House and we were already balling like our puppy died.
- Slick Rick: The legendary eyepatch-wearing, story telling rapper kicks it at Mansion this week.
- Jeffrey Eugenides: The Pulitzer Prize-winning author discusses The Marriage Plot, his latest novel.
- Bayside Rocks Music Festival: Bothers and sisters, get your rolling paper ready, a huge reggae storm invades Bayfront Park.
- Colson Whitehead: It's the end of the world as Colson Whitehead knows it in his latest book, Zone One.
- The Writer's Voice: Karen Russell on Swamplandia!: Join this local author and "Swap Gothic" pioneer when she discusses her critically acclaimed novel.
- Miami Dolphins v. Buffalo Bills: The first place Bills try and snap the Dolphins' two-game win streak. Can the fins pull off an upset?
- Michael Moore on Here Comes Trouble: Michigan's most controversial documentarian spends Sunday discussing his new autobiography at the Book Fair.
- Craig Ferguson: Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson and Scotland's favorite funny man brings the LOLz to the Seminole Hard Rock.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Weekly information on all the on goings in the art and event world. Find out what the hot trends are and what's happening this week in our Arts newsletter. Coming Soon.