Loverboy said it best: "Everybody's workin' for the weekend/Everybody wants a new romance/Everybody's goin' off the deep end/Everybody needs a second chance."
It's true, y'all. As society, we really are just "workin' for the weekend," clocking it at 9 a.m., punching out at 5 p.m., and counting down the minutes till the weekend in between. It's especially true in Miami, a city where there's always something to do.
Don't believe us? Just take a look at our weekend guide.
- Destroyio "Fucks Valentine's in the Mouth": Local record label company Destroyio's so damn romantic.
- Giselle: In terms of ballet, Giselle ranks among the tops. This Miami City Ballet performance cannot be missed.
- Women and the Eternal Feminine and Offerings: The Frost Art Museum loves the ladies.
- Cheetah Conservation Documentary Fundraiser: Donate $20 and enjoy complimentary cocktails for an hour and the satisfaction of helping a solid cause.
- Budweiser One Love Nutrifest: Hippies, yoga, Budweiser and Buddha. Overtown rocks, yo.
- Kryptonite Metal Fest 5: Thrash until your face melts.
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival: Join Dexter series author Jeffery Lindsay at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Miami Heat vs. Orlando Magic: Instate rivals go head-to-head on Sunday
- Lincoln Road Farmers Market: From the farm to the table, eat local and eat fresh.
- Miami International Boat Show: Boats can be incredibly cost effective... if you use 'em to smuggle drugs.