Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
Loverboy said it best: "Everybody's workin' for the weekend/Everybody wants a new romance/Everybody's goin' off the deep end/Everybody needs a second chance."
It's true, y'all. As society, we really are just "workin' for the weekend," clocking it at 9 a.m., punching out at 5 p.m., and counting down the minutes till the weekend in between. It's especially true in Miami, a city where there's always something to do.
Don't believe us? Just take a look at our weekend guide.
- Destroyio "Fucks Valentine's in the Mouth": Local record label company Destroyio's so damn romantic.
- Giselle: In terms of ballet, Giselle ranks among the tops. This Miami City Ballet performance cannot be missed.
- Women and the Eternal Feminine and Offerings: The Frost Art Museum loves the ladies.
- Cheetah Conservation Documentary Fundraiser: Donate $20 and enjoy complimentary cocktails for an hour and the satisfaction of helping a solid cause.
- Budweiser One Love Nutrifest: Hippies, yoga, Budweiser and Buddha. Overtown rocks, yo.
- Kryptonite Metal Fest 5: Thrash until your face melts.
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival: Join Dexter series author Jeffery Lindsay at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival.
- Miami Heat vs. Orlando Magic: Instate rivals go head-to-head on Sunday
- Lincoln Road Farmers Market: From the farm to the table, eat local and eat fresh.
- Miami International Boat Show: Boats can be incredibly cost effective... if you use 'em to smuggle drugs.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.