Ten Best Things to Do in Miami This Weekend
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow; what does that mean for Miami? Six more weeks of winter snowbirds dropping New York City money in our southern city economy.
Per usual, Cultist has rounded out a list of the ten best events going down 'round the Big Mango this weekend, showcasing a variety of really neat stuff for y'all spend that money on. From neo-folk music to modern dance, a meet-up for singles and women's collegiate basketball, the options are endless.
Check out our list below.
- Raffa and Rainer: Fancy a night of folk? Head over to Wood Tavern and catch Miami's quirkiest neo-folk duo perform songs that make us proud to call Miami home.
- Decadancetheatre: Think hip-hop dancing is what you see on rap videos? You're wrong.
- Beats After Sunset: Happy hour for the art lover.
- Singles Mingles: Need a date for Valentine's Day? Here's your chance to find one.
- Sherri Patterson: Mad Lyfe of an NBA Wife: Ever wish your husband played professional basketball? It's not always happily ever after.
- Bling & Sling: Roller derby girls like to party... With JELL-O Shots!
- Pure Imagination Live: Come with me, and you'll be in a (Sweat Records) world of pure imagination.
- Los 3 de la Habana: Cuban music en Hialeah. Eso no pasa en Cuba.
- UM Women's Basketball vs. Clemson Tigers: Ranked 13 in the nation, the UM women's basketball teams goes hard in the paint against ACC rivals Clemson.
- The Motherf**ker with the Hat: That' it, last chance to catch this killer play.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
Thu., Feb. 18, 8:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Feb. 20, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 21, 3:00pm
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema