See River Phoenix's Last Film, Dark Blood, for Free Tomorrow Night
Twenty Feet from Stardom, the Miami International Film Festival's opening-night film, was jaw-dropping. Venus and Serena, its closer, has superstar power. But if you're hoping to see the MIFF entry that earned the most headlines this year, it's Dark Blood, the final film starring the '90s acting wunderkind who died too young, River Phoenix.
MIFF will screen the film, which has finally made it to the big screen after languishing in storage for nearly 20 years, tomorrow night at the Gusman Center -- expect a big ol' fancy deal, including a red carpet. And you can check it out for free if you win the tickets we're giving away. Find out how after the jump.
Here's how to win:
Official Dark Blood Ticket Giveaway Instructions
1. Head to Cultist's Facebook page and Like it.
2. Find the "Win free tickets to Dark Blood at MIFF" update, and leave a comment.
3. From the pool of commenters, we'll randomly select one lucky winner and send him/her a message how to claim the prize -- a pair of tickets to see Dark Blood tomorrow at 7 p.m.
4. Make sure your Facebook security settings allow you to receive private messages from Cultist -- and keep an eye on your Facebook messages, because that's how we'll let you know you've won.
5. Tickets must be collected from New Times' new office at 2750 NW Third Ave., Suite 24, Miami, by 5 p.m. Wednesday. (That's tomorrow!)
6. Last thing: You have until 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 6, to enter.
10th Annual Memorial Weekend Comedy Festival
TicketsSun., May. 28, 8:00pm
Young Contemporary Dance Theatre
TicketsSat., Jun. 3, 6:00pm
The 8th Baila Flamenco Student Dance Festival
TicketsSun., Jun. 4, 1:00pm
Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami
TicketsSat., Jun. 10, 8:00pm
TicketsSun., Jun. 11, 6:00pm
For more on the Miami International Film Festival, visit miamifilmfestival.com.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.