S&M-Themed Films to Get You Through the Holidays
Don't know which hand to hold the whip in? Get sex, love, relationship advice from Mistress Lera by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about Mistress Lera at Notes From a Miami Dominatrix.
Dear Mistress Lera,
My boyfriend and I decided to take a break from our
families and celebrate Christmas together this year. Since it gets
Young Contemporary Dance Theatre
TicketsSat., Jun. 4, 6:00pm
Conchita Espinosa Festival Of The Arts 2016
TicketsSat., Jun. 4, 6:30pm
TicketsSat., Jun. 4, 9:30pm
The 7th Baila Flamenco Festival
TicketsSun., Jun. 5, 12:00pm
Dance Empire 2015-2016 Recital - The Front Line "stand With Pride"
TicketsSun., Jun. 5, 4:00pm
really hectic on Christmas Eve, we just want to stay in at our place and
watch some movies. We're super tired of watching
the same conventional holiday flicks every year. Could you recommend something S&M-themed to spice things up?
Dear Grumpy Grinch,
Is it that time of the year again? You see, us commies do not celebrate Western Christmas, since we're still on Julian calendar when it comes to religious holidays. So every time you Westerners start decorating your houses, lighting up Christmas trees, and singing those cheery Christmas themed songs, us folks from Eastern Europe, lock ourselves in our homes and watch movies, until the whole holiday madness is over. So if you're planning on staying in this year, and not doing anything extra Christmas-y for a change: Good for you! As for some kinky S&M flicks, here's a list of my top five favorite films.
1. Audition (1999): This is Takashi Miike's best film. And if you're into gory needle play, and hot Japanese chicks in latex aprons, then this movie is definitely for you. It's dark and weird, but in a totally Japanese sort of way.
2. Blue Velvet (1986): After watching Mullholand Drive, I started to passionately hate David Lynch. Fortunately, Blue Velvet is the least odd of all the Lynch's films, and it's super kinky as well. The whole movie is laced with sadomasochistic undertones: from age play to mommy play. Plus, how fun is it to watch Dennis Hopper run around beating the shit out of people, all high and whatever the hell he was inhaling and Isabella Rossellini singing "Blue Velvet" to calm the crazy son-of-a-gun down?
3. The Night Porter (1974): Are you a total hybristophiliac (hee-bree-sto-philiac)? Are you turned on by men who commit cruel crimes? Do you love being chained to bed and forced fed jam? Does Dirk Bogarde wearing an SS uniform make you as erotically charged as he makes me? If you've answered yes to all, then this movie is for you. This twisted love story will make you cry in the end more than It's a Wonderful Life ever will.
4. Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom (1975): Passolini's greatest creation. Be warned: Salo tops everything when it comes to sick and twisted. There's scat-eating, cruel beatings, incest, pedophilia, mental torture, old whores telling stories, etc,. Not a lot of people are able to sit through this movie without retching. So if you've got a strong stomach, then go for it.
5. The Servant (1963): I am in love with Dirk Bogarde, especially in this film as he plays a cold, calculating, servant who overthrows his master in the end. The Servant is the least sickest film out of the other 4 that I've just listed, but it's just as twisted. Plus the theme of master-slave morality in reverse is present throughout the whole movie. And if you're a fan of Nietzsche and BDSM, you'll be a huge fan of this film.
Okay, Grumpy Grinch. This list should be plenty to get your through this holiday season. Enjoy.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.