Midweek Miami Gossip Roundup: Real Housewives and Nick Jonas
Photo via FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami Beach
Let's be honest, Miami wouldn't be Miami without celebrities dropping in town, sunbathing, and making bad decisions. So we've decided to launch a weekly roundup where you can get all of your gossip about the weird, wonderful things happening in town: from singers at LIV, to gallery gossip, celebrities sunbathing and more, we've got you covered. This week brings a Nick Jonas spotting, an oh-so-Miami speedboat getaway, and cockroaches.
Here's the best in this week's Miami gossip:
- Us Weekly reports that Rod Stewart's son, Sean, was arrested at Miami International Airport for entering a restricted area. He apparently couldn't resist a ride on the luggage carousel.
- Loewe, the Spanish clothing brand, opened a Miami store in the Design District. The interior features a reconstructed 18th century granary imported from Spain.
- Public School launched a clothing and accessories collaboration called "Tropic City" with South Beach's Sagamore Hotel. GQ has an exclusive look at the new line.
- Real Housewives of Atlanta star, Claudia Jordan, spent a weekend catching sun on Miami Beach.
- Also in reality stars sunbathing news: Lauren Stoner, star of the cancelled The Spin Crowd, was also spotted on Miami Beach.
- Here's a picture of Lil' Wayne registering his new car in Palm Beach Gardens. Post-swatting, Weezy might be thinking about decamping from Miami.
- MMG's Dave Grutman will make a cameo in an upcoming Nick Jonas video. Jonas partied at LIV this past weekend, as did Lil Jon.
- FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami Beach kicked off on Sunday. The stylish events continue all week with a Style Mafia show on Thursday. For more information, visit funkshion.com.
- Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic will defend their titles at the Miami open.
Locust Projects named Elizabeth Shannon has their new Exhibitions and Programming Director. Shannon has a PhD in the History of Photography from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.
- No drugs or alcohol were found in Michael Capponi's boat after a high-speed crash. Capponi, one of the founders of BED, LIV and Story, sustained serious injuries during the crash, as did his passenger, Brooke Biederman. The two are recovering in the hospital.
- In what might be the most Miami story ever, rapper Rich Homie Quan assaulted a security guard after being denied entry to LIV. After yelling "I'm Rich Homie Quan, and I'm a rich millionaire, bitch. I'm coming through these doors, I'm with Flo Rida," Quan broke the security guard's nose. He fled the scene and escaped on a speedboat.
- And if you haven't caught this story about the former star of Real Housewives of Miami , Ana Quincoces, and cockroaches then you should click on the link immediately.
- Miami is apparently very sad about Zayn Malik leaving British boy band, One Direction. The cumbersome hashtag, #AlwaysInOurHeartsZaynMalik, has been trending on Miami Twitter for the last 24 hours.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.