Another week, another seven days of Miami gossip. The week brought some good news for our cultural institutions, the inevitable celebrity sighting on South Beach, and supermodel Christie Brinkley's dustup with a bird.
Here's this week's best culture (both highbrow and lowbrow) gossip from the 305.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Congratulations to Books & Books: Publisher's Weekly named the local chain Bookstore of the Year 2015.
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) acquired new works by major African-American artists, including Terry Adkins and Leslie Hewitt.
- Michael Capponi is out of the hospital after crashing his boat in South Beach. Capponi says he "blacked out" before running into a seawall.
- Christie Brinkley tried to do the right thing and save an injured bird. Unfortunately for her, the bird attacked her. She's been treated for bird-related injures in Miami.
We interrupt this holiday to take a little unplanned excursion to Miami for cat scans and stitches following an accident trying to save a bird. My grateful heartfelt thanks go out to our wonderful Parrot Cay Family who got me to the boat and plane, and my friends in Miami who found my A Team at University of Miami Hospital led by Dr Askari and his professional caring and adorable team and to my bestie @artminster who spent her much needed and deserved holiday by my bedside .. I ca't possibly thank you enough and I offer you a pain check .. I mean rain check! Lol! @artminster #grateful #thankful #itcouldhavebeenworse! #youneverknow #liveachday
- NADA Miami — the New Art Dealer's Alliance's fair during Art Basel — will upgrade to fancy new digs at the Fontainebleau.
- Serena Williams reminded everyone she owns the Miami Open.
- After winning the Miami Open, Williams celebrated by hanging out on a yacht with Eva Longoria.
- Novak Djokovic won the Miami Open as well. He didn't celebrate with nearly the style that Williams did.
- After getting a mention in the New York Times, O, Miami earned a longer spot in the Washington Post.
- Nick Jonas was in Wynwood (again) refilming the video of his hit single Chains. Let's hope it'll be better than the first video.
- Uma Thurman spent Easter relaxing on Miami's beaches.