Miami Book Fair Announces Schedule: Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Jonathan Franzen Are Actually Coming
Since we last talked about the Miami International Book Fair, there have been a few sad cancellations: Sir Michael Caine, Venus Williams, and Charles Burns. But there have also been some kicking additions (Dave Eggers!). Today, the Book Fair announced the official schedule of events, so let's hope this means the current author line-up is pretty stable.
Below, we've listed the most coveted Book Fair events and how to score tickets. Last year, we were the fools running through the Wolfson Campus, waiting in a long-ass line, and almost missed seeing Iggy Pop's nipples. This year the motto is: Be prepared, and don't miss shit.
Here are our choice picks in decreasing order of awesome-ness:
1. Jonathan Franzen: Sunday, Nov. 21, 5 p.m.
2. Dave Eggers: Saturday, Nov. 20, 11:30 p.m
3. Patti Smith: Friday, Nov. 19, 8 p.m.
4. Nick Zinner (Yeah Yeah Yeahs): Sunday, Nov. 22, 4 p.m.
5. Greil Marcus: Saturday, Nov. 20, 2:30 p.m.
6. Gay Talese: Saturday, Nov. 20, 4 p.m.
7. Salman Rushdie: Saturday, Nov. 20, 5 p.m.
8. Meghan McCain: Sunday, Nov. 22, 1:30 p.m.
9. Jennifer Egan: Saturday, Nov. 20, 2:30 p.m.
10. John Waters: Wednesday, Nov. 17, 8 p.m.
The "Evening With" events (i.e. the ones Tuesday through Friday) cost $10 per reading and advance tickets go on sale at noon on November 8. The readings on Saturday and Sunday are included with the $8 admission to the Street Fair, but in order to secure a seat to the above events, you better get there pretty freaking early. Readings take place at Miami-Dade College (300 NE Second Ave., Miami) in the Chapman Conference Center (Building 3, 2nd Floor, Room 3210). Read the full schedule of 300 Book Fair events here.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.