Magic City, New Series About '60s Miami Beach, Holds Casting Call for Vintage Beauties
Just four years after Mad Men originally aired on AMC in 2007, the '50/'60s fetishism has finally peaked. This fall's new lineup includes Mid Century-based series like Pan Am and the Playboy Club, and chain store Banana Republic is even offering a new Mad Men line. But any mania about these two decades would be incomplete without a drama set in that era's popular playground -- Miami Beach.
Cue Magic City, a new series on Starz by Miami native Mitch Glazer. This Miami Beach Senior High grad began filming this 10-episode drama set in a glamorous Beach hotel earlier this summer. And this Saturday, there will be a casting call for paid extras and plenty of opportunities to get glammed up (and girdled) like Joan on Mad Men.
The casting call is open to men and women 18 and over who can pull off
that whole skinny tie/bouffant hairdo look. You must bring two forms of
ID and submit to the following guidelines:
- Cover any tattoos with makeup before coming
- Be willing to have hair colored to a natural color
- Men: no facial hair & hair length must be 1 ½- 2 inches
- Women: please arrive with hair/makeup done and be willing to get a '50s period hairdo
- They will be booking paid fittings and workdays on the spot.
- They are seeking core extras to work 3 / 4 days per episode
- Know your wardrobe sizes.
The casting call is being held near the airport at 3663 NW 21st Street in Miami this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If chosen, you'll get more than a retro revamp; pay is $105/day. Email email@example.com.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.