Honey Boo Boo in Trash and Five Miami Celebrities We'd Like to See Immortalized in Garbage
To call Honey Boo Boo and her family trashy is wildly un-creative. But to actually re-create the pint-sized pageant contestant using trash? Now that's wildly brilliant.
San Francisco-based artist Jason Mecier is blowing up the interwebs with just such a creation. His portrait (made with McDonald's chicken nuggets, hairspray, Red Bull and a Cabbage Patch doll, among other bits of debris) of Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson has attracted worldwide attention.
According to his YouTube video documenting the creation process, the piece took more than 50 hours to make and used 25 pounds of trash, recycling and found objects.
These works of art by waste aren't relegated to the likes of Alana and her kin. Mecier has also created portraits of celebs like Florence Henderson,Tori Spelling, Rue Mclanahan and loads of others (check out his gallery on Facebook). Some celebrities have even sent him their own junk to use in said portraiture. And since he seems open to suggestion, here are five Miami celebrities we'd like to see immortalized in refuse.
5. Romero Britto. Because one could argue he's subjected Miami to a whole lotta trash over the years.
4. Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria. Because he sits on a throne of lies.
3. Rick Scott. Because into the trash is probably where a lot of Miamian's absentee ballots went.
2. The Real Housewives of Miami. Because nothing's trashier than an episode of RHOM.
1. The Kardashians, all of 'em. He did Kim in Red Vines licorice, but we think the entire family deserves a portrait, preferably made from the refuse of their new North Miami home.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Weekly information on all the on goings in the art and event world. Find out what the hot trends are and what's happening this week in our Arts newsletter. Coming Soon.