Free Events This Week: Yoga, Mural Tour, Singalong
Summer is here, and it really does feel like it.
After a weekend of sweating it out, you're probably ready for five days of air-conditioned, cubical comfort.
But all work and no play makes you a dull citizen of the 305. Get yourself out and about this week without spending any cash. You'll need it for this season's AC bill.
- Free yoga at Jose Marti Park: With all the free yoga classes happening around town, who needs to join a studio? Bounce from Jose Marti to Peacock Park to Bayfront Park and you'll get enough namastes to last the week.
- "Read Along, Sing a Song" at Allapattah Library: Help your offspring (or some kiddos on lend) learn that fun can be had without a touch screen. Reading, singing and dancing, just like the old days.
- Bike mural tour in Wynwood: All the years you've lived here, and you probs have no clue which artists have made their mark on the walls of Wynwood. Time to find out.
- Free yoga and breakfast at the Edgewater Poetry & Athletics Club (461 NE 31st St.): Take in a poetry yoga class (whatever awesomeness that is) and a light breakfast, all thanks to O, Miami. Don't say literacy never did anything for you.
- Michael Hettich at Books & Books Coral Gables: Miami author extraordinaire is launching his new collection for the folks at home. Hear him read from Systems of Vanishing. Standing ovations should ensue.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.