Something about this coming week just makes us feel relaxed. Maybe it's because April 15 has come and gone, and there's nothing left to do about our taxes until next year (or until we get audited, whichever comes first). Maybe it's because all the stress in our lives has compounded to an impossible level and imploded, and we just don't care anymore. Or maybe it's because this week has so many lovely free events, we've reached a blissful level of calm.
Regardless of where this air of relaxation is coming from, we're going to embrace it, and you ought to as well. Kick off your shoes, pour yourself a glass of something with a 13.5% or greater alcohol content, and read on for a number of soothingly free events to enjoy this week.
- Chris Alvy Band: If you've never caught their act before, make sure to check out Alvy and his band upstairs at the Van Dyke. You'll be glad you did.
- Winning Art: How often do you get a chance to win an original work of art by amazing local artists? Head over to Art Center South Florida, buy a raffle ticket for your favorite piece and keep those fingers crossed. Raffle tix are $20, but viewing the exhibit is 100 percent free.
- Jam Session: Bring your instrument to PAX for a midweek jam with Big Brooklyn Red and the Magic City Three.
- Aaron Lebos Project: Jazz/Fusion guitarist Aaron Lebos brings his insane guitar skills to PAX. 21+.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Malachi Black: The University of Wynwood Visiting Poet Series presents Malachi Black at the Betsy Hotel's B Bar for a reading and book signing.