Free Events This Week: War Horse, Fun Run, and Zoocation
Courtesy of Fete de la Musique
Summer is officially here -- and it's not for the faint of heart. Given the 90 degree-plus temperatures hanging over Miami this weekend, it's likely you sweated out a good five pounds or so hitting the beach, lounging at the pool, and chilling on patios. Good thing you were constantly re-hydrating with copious quantities of beer.
Now it's Monday, so you've got five days of air-conditioned office space to look forward to. But once the cool, comfortable indoors start to wear on you, there's plenty of fun stuff to do this week -- all of it outdoorsy.
rwentechaney on Flickr
- Summer Fun Run in Miami Shores: It's summer, so keep that bikini bod tight and toned with a fun run through Miami Shores. This is Miami, after all.
- Travelodge ZOOcation Celebration at Zoo Miami: Bring the kiddos for a day gaping at cute, cuddly critters and big, scary beasts.
- War Horse at Brickell World Plaza: Let the waterworks flow with this emotionally charged flick. Horses are such drama queens.
- Fete de la Musique in Coconut Grove: Listen to rock, jazz, R&B and every other genre lighting up the streets of Miami's favorite shaded alcove. It's the ultimate throwback to when the Grove was actually artsy (pre-Chili's and -Starbucks).
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
Thu., Feb. 18, 8:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Feb. 20, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 21, 3:00pm
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema