Free Events This Week: Volleyball Clinic, Financial Meltdown, and Art Class
Ah, summer in Miami: mosquitoes en masse, boiling temperatures, and torrential downpours. Best season ever.
If you need a few ways to fill the lazy summer days this week (or get out of the ridiculous rainstorms), here's some free stuff to keep you busy. Because you can spend only so much QT with Netflix.
- Batacuda at The Shops at Mary Brickell Village: Live tunes in honor of the World Cup. Wear your team colors or be branded a heretic.
- Free art classes at the Miami Beach Regional Library: Let out your inner artist or take your offspring for some summer entertainment -- whatever works.
- FYXD 305 ride at Adrienne Arsht Center: Put two wheels down for your weekly workout. Caveat: You gotta be able to keep up.
- Sustainable living workshop at Miami-Dade Community Action & Human Services Department: Alleviate some of the guilt about your size 2,000 carbon footprint by learning about water and energy conservation.
Courtesy of Borrowed Sugar Events
- Charity art auction at SuViche Wynwood: We know you need a little more art in your life, so why not get some for a good cause? Nosh on free appetizers and bid on art for the Miami Rescue Mission.
- Financial Meltdown at Cannonball: Pummel a bunch of stuff as a symbolic gesture against our society's collective debt. Then dance like a maniac.
- Free volleyball clinic at Margaret Pace Park: If you're planning on playing at Model Beach next year, better get started on that serve.
Dollhouse Dance Factory: Bring It! Live
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 8:00pm
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 8:30pm
You're a Good Man Charlie Brown: Young Professionals
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 2:00pm
Big Band Concerts with the Florida Wind Symphony
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 7:00pm
Miami Curves Week Presents: Curves & Comedy
TicketsFri., Jul. 21, 9:00pm
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1745 N. Bayshore Dr.
Miami, FL 33132
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.