Congratulations, Miami. You've gotten through your first weekend of Halloween revelry unscathed. (Or maybe just slightly scathed.) Either way, it's Monday again, and you've got a few blessed days to rest before the debauchery begins again.
Take your Alka Seltzer, chug water like it's your job, and get your bod ready for Thursday's madness. Here are some ways to spend your week in the meantime.
- Film Screenings at African Heritage Cultural Arts Center: Prep for doomsday with Juan of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead - British and Cuban takes on the classic zombie flick.
Photo by Hannah Sentenac
- Halloween on the Mile Doggy Costume Contest at the Coral Gables Museum: Cute dogs in costumes. Do you need any more incentive than that to ditch work early?
- Festival of Freaks at Blackbird Ordinary: Don your slutty cop, slutty nurse, or slutty Obama costume and maybe win $100.
- Fire and Ice Party at Porcao: Free booze, free bites and Brickell hotties means you're in for an interesting evening.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Free Wine Tasting & Book Premiere at Vinos in the Grove: Gotta love a woman who wrote a book called The Exes in My iPod: A Playlist of the Men Who Rocked Me to Wine Country. Plus, there's wine.