Free Events This Week: Salon de Notre Societe, Once Removed, Munk
If you're a Heat fan, you had an exceptionally good weekend cheering like a fool and happily watching them trounce the Celtics.
If you're not a Heat fan, your weekend was likely hampered by the knowledge that you have at least another week of trying to ignore every sports-related, bandwagon-laden Facebook timeline and Tweet that crosses your path.
Either way, this week has plenty in store to keep you in good spirits. Read on to see what free music and mayhem are waiting for you.
- Salon de Notre Societe: Primary Projects features over 400 works by more than 40 artists paying homage to the Salon des Refuses of 17th- and 18th-century Paris. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve space at the opening reception.
- Robert Goolrick: The author of the chilling novel Heading Out to Wonderful speaks at Books & Books Coral Gables.
- Streetkind: This genre-bending local band promises to keep it groovy at Bardot.
- Once Removed: Presented by Casey Zap and hosted by Veronica Gessa, Chalk's ping pong tournament offers all the fun of your old rec room -- plus music by resident DJ Benton and prizes for winners.
- Midtown Moonlit Movie: Never got around to seeing Jason Segel's The Muppets? Make it right by catching the showing at Midtown Miami's Fountain Plaza.
- Munk: Otherwise known as Mathias Modica, Munk is a DJ, producer, and the man behind German disco/house label Gomma. Make sure you swing by Electric Pickle, where he is giving Miami a taste of what's good.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.