Free Events This Week: Red Channels, Haitian Hillbilly, Telescope Thieves
The Olympics are on this week, but you can't spend all your time watching toned athletes work up a sweat. The only thing you need to get your significantly less-toned butt off the couch is a good reason to go out. Miami has more than enough to offer to keep you out of the house over the next few days.
From MillionYoung spinning at Bardot to the Front Yard Theater Collective taking over the Garret, the free events around town this week are, franky, pretty cool. Read on to learn more.
- Juke: Former blues boys and current rockers entertain at Blue Martini.
- Red Channels: The irrepressible MillionYoung DJs alongside Red Channels at Bardot.
- Haitian Hillbilly: Blackbird Ordinary welcomes Haitian Hillbilly to Roots Rock Wednesdays.
- Coming to America: Remember when Eddie Murphy was funny? It was during Coming to America, which is screening with Boomerang at Miami Tower.
- Roosevelt Collier: Along with YNot, Roosevelt takes over Bardot.
- Abner Torres: Ladies night at Tobacco Road means cool jazz and cheap drinks.
- Alan Meneses: Telescope Thieves, Name Brand and Alan Meneses play an all ages show at Sweat Records.
- Front Yard Theater Collective: Music, improv and comedy combine at the Garret to make for a great evening.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.