Free Events This Week: Queen Bey, Nike Workouts, Wynwood Bike Tour
Anyone else still hurting after the holiday weekend? Feels like we're all knee-deep in post-party depression. Only 52 days till Labor Day, at least.
To keep your mind off the forehead-high pile of work occupying your desk, here's a bunch of stuff to plan for this week. All free, of course.
- Cadillac Records screening: Join the Miami Jazz Society at the African Heritage Cultural Arts Center for an evening immersion in 50s-style sex, violence, race and, of course, rock and roll. Oh, and Queen Bey with blonde hair.
- Sharon Hartley: The novelist teaches potting and mounting orchids at Gwen Margolis Community Center. Nothing says romance like orchids (and Harlequin novels), so learn how to properly care for the flowers from someone who knows her way around a stamen.
- Free workouts: Nike fit pros are out to help you hone that bikini bod with weights and sweating and such. The catch: You'll have to get your sweat on at Macy's Dadeland.
NASA Godard Flight Space Center/Flickr
- Bike mural tour of Wynwood: The boiling hot temps and 100% humidity is no excuse to hibernate in the AC. Take a breezy bike ride from Panther Coffee and get schooled on Wynwood's many murals.
- Fabulous First Friday at Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science: Make like Captain Picard and see the stars (from the safety of an air-conditioned planetarium).
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.