Free Events This Week: Our Town, Arsht Tour, Free Cafecito
The dog days of summer are officially upon us. It's hot as hell, and if you're anything like us, you're totally unmotivated to move, to function, and least of all, to work. Do you know how much effort we're expending to write this goddamn blog post?
But unfortunately, siestas aren't a standard part of the workday (yet), so plug along we must. To keep yourself from falling into a summer fugue state, here's some stuff you can get into this week (*most* of it involving AC).
- Tour of the Adrienne Arsht Center: Get to know our city's epic expanse of arts and culture, up close and personal.
- New Voices at YoungArts: Check out 46 works by 30 YoungArts alumni, from visual arts to writing, and feel bad about how little you've accomplished at your advancing age.
Via Ikea on Twitter
- Ikea Cafecito Truck at Miami International Mall: Get your caffeine fix and check out some chalk art street drawings courtesy of the Swedish furniture gods.
- Free yoga in Peacock Park: Get your sweat via some sun salutations.
- Our Town performance at Miami-Dade College North: Check out the classic Pulitzer-Prize winning Thornton Wilder play, but with a Latin flair. That's so Miami.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
Sat., Feb. 20, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 21, 3:00pm
Mon., Feb. 22, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 22, 7:30pm
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema