Free Events This Week, New Year's Edition: Big Orange, Fireworks, and Downtown Debauchery
There's only one holiday left before it's back to the daily drudge, with nothing to look forward to til Valentine's Day (which is maybe the worst holiday ever). But, at least we can say goodbye to 2013 with all the pomp and circumstance it deserves. Hell of a year, right?! From wrecking balls to football bullies, it's been an often offensive, sometimes amusing, frequently wild ride.
But come Wednesday, all that's behind us. It's time to roll 2014-style. No looking back. And here's how you can spend your last week of the year without dropping a lot of dough.
Tuesday (New Year's Eve)
- Countdown to 2014 at Bayside Marketplace: From here, you can watch the Big Orange drop -- and there ain't nothing more Miami than that.
- NYE Fireworks Party in South Beach: We can't imagine a better way to ring in 2014 than with that South Florida sand beneath your toes.
- Prohibition Party at Will Call: Downtown's den of debauchery will undoubtedly offer a NYE (and New Year's Day, since they'll be open into the wee hours) to remember. Or forget.
- NYE at Blackbird Ordinary: Say hello to 2014 in true hipster style. Free cocktails and a champagne toast, too.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
Sat., Feb. 20, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 21, 3:00pm
Mon., Feb. 22, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 22, 7:30pm
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema