Free Events This Week: Miami Heat Championship Parade, Free Wine, and Reggae Tunes
It's summer. The Heat are victorious. Our city may fall into the sea in 15 years. All things considered, seems like the perfect time to adopt a YOLO mentality.
So even though the weekend's over, the week is just beginning -- and it kicks off with a Heat championship parade. So don your red, white, and black attire and make the most of the next five days. Wade would want it that way.
- Heat Championship Parade in Downtown: Pots, pans, screaming fans. It's a rare chance (less rare when you're from the 305!) to revel in championship city status. Screw work, this is worth a sick day.
- Eco-Art Camp at Miami Beach Botanical Garden: If you've got little ones liberated from school for the next few months, we pity you. Luckily, this eco-art class will keep 'em busy -- at least on Wednesday afternoons. And you can stroll the gardens for free, grown-up style.
- Reggae Thursdays at Sweet Saloon: It's summertime, which means reggae tunes are our unofficial soundtrack for almost everything. Score a sweet treat and $2 drafts and hear some summer-style steel drums.
- Mingling at the Market at Whole Foods Pinecrest: Sip wine, nosh on (undoubtedly healthy) apps and listen to tunes. Sure, you'll probably come away with $200 in groceries, but at least you'll score some free vino and maybe a phone number or two.
- Live Tunes at Dolphin Mall: There's no better escape from the sweltering summer temps than a mall, where you can overspend instead of overheating. Hear Axel Aleman play tunes while you shop till you drop.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.