Free Events This Week: Meat Battles, Free Wine, and Foreign Flicks
Assuming your office building didn't get washed away by last week's torrential downpour, you're back at your cube like a good little worker bee this morning. Which sucks.
But the good news is it's hurricane season. So a serious storm could roll in any day, leading to forced evacuations and emergency closures. What's good about that? No work. Plus hurricane parties.
While you're waiting, we've got a list of free stuff you can do to kill time this week. Enjoy.
- Best Butcher and Fishmonger Face-Off at Whole Foods: Meat eaters, this is your jam. Watch carnivorous purveyors from across the area do epic battle as they break down their respective animals.
- Wine & Cheese Grand Opening at Zeidy's: Sip, nibble, and peruse the store's epic selection of sailboat models and other stuff dudes dig.
- Egine Concert at Olympia Theater: Who's Egine? Think of a more talented Kim Kardashian. So yeah, you definitely wanna witness her belting out tunes downtown.
- European Short Film Screening at Key Biscayne Community Center: Watching foreign films automatically ups your culture cred (and maybe even cancels out that Honey Boo Boo marathon). So drink wine, eat cheese, and get cinematic.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
Thu., Feb. 18, 8:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Feb. 20, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 21, 3:00pm
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema