Welcome to the second week of July, y'all. Things are, well, pretty chill. We're still pretty psyched about that Heat win, but the Marlins suck, and we're still not entirely sure when hockey happens.
Fortunately, even if you don't find yourself impatiently awaiting the festivities of Bastille Day, you can get excited for some of the other events this week.
We have synthpop Monday, open mic Tuesday, live DJs Wednesday, and rock goodness Thursday -- plus some non-music activities sprinkled into the mix for good measure. Read on for a few of the best freebies around town this week.
- Krisp: There's almost nothing we love more than a synthpop quartet. In anticipation of their upcoming EP, the guys of Krisp play Blue Martini.
- Ransom Mondays: Mokai hooks you up with special guest DJs. Make sure you sign up to the guest list to get in free before 12:30am.
- Open Mic: If you're ready for the spotlight, sign up for Open Mic Night at Purdy Lounge. If not, head over for cheap drinks and amateur entertainment.
- Avatar: The best kind of movie is a free movie. First United Methodist Church of South Miami is screening Avatar without that pesky $13 ticket. Popcorn is free, too!
- 786: Joshy Josh, Ray Milian and Norman V give you reason to head back to Purdy Lounge. Let the music help you get over the hump day blues.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Old Wives' Tale: Grand Central hosts OWT live, who are taping their performance for a local documentary. As long as you're 18+, you can join the crowd and enjoy the show.