Free Events This Week in Miami: Photog Lessons, Foraged Cocktails, and Wynwood on Two Wheels
With Joan Rivers and Robin Williams gone, the world seems like a more serious place. Add Monday morning to the mix, and it's easy to wonder if you'll ever smile again.
Luckily, here at the New Times, we're all about bringing a little sunshine into your life (except not literally, because we've got more than enough of that right now in Miami). Here's the weekly lineup of free stuff to do, so you can have fun without the wallet fall out. And if that's not happy news, what is?
- Secrets to Successful Photography at North Shore Branch Library: Because your iPhone photo app can't do EVERYTHING for you.
- Forager at the Freehand: Learn more about foraging for foodstuffs while sipping plant-strong cocktails made by master mixologists (cocktails cost extra).
- Locust Talks at Locust Projects: Hear Louis Grachos of The Contemporary Austin wax poetic on all things art.
- (mostly jazz) with Vinyl Blvd at The Betsy: Lounge in an overstuffed armchair, listen to some vintage tunes and pretend it's the 20th century again. Maybe digital was just a bad dream.
- Art, Music & Cigars at Mike's Cigar Bar: What good is being this close to Cuba if you can't score some good stogies? Learn all about Flor De Gonzalez 90 Miles Cigars, listen to tunes, chow down on Cuban cuisine and admire some tobacco-centric artwork.
- Free Yoga Fridays at Upstairs Yoga: Newbie or yogini, Fridays are ideal for Vinyasa zen time.
- Free Wynwood mural tour by bike: Check out Miami's hipster central on two wheels instead of four.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.