Free Events This Week in Miami: Musicians' Forum, StudioCrawl, and Cycle de Mayo
Happy Monday, Miamians. This week brings plenty of events, and the best part is they're all free.
Courtesy of New World Center
Jazz Jam at Churchill's Pub: Get jazzy at Churchill's weekly jazz jam.
Green Monkey Yoga at Bass Museum: Grab your mat and head to the beach for a free session beginning at 6 p.m.
Musicians’ Forum at New World Center: Enjoy a special presentation of composter Igor Stravinsky’s The Solider’s Tale.
Courtesy of Lowe Art Museum
Homestead Run Club at Baptist Hospital: Lace up your sneakers and get ready to run a 3.5-mile loop at 7 p.m.
- Free Admission to the Lowe Art Museum: The first Tuesday of every month, the museum welcomes visitors free of charge. Catch a gallery tour at 11 a.m. too.
Studio Crawl at ArtCenter/South Florida: Held every first Wednesday of the month, Studio Crawl invites visitors and patrons to wander the galleries, converse with studio artists, and browse the exhibitions.
- Ant-Man at SoundScape: Watch 2015's Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas. As with every SoundScape screening, the film rolls at 8 p.m., rain or shine.
Free Admission and Cycle de Mayo at PAMM: Admission the first Thursday of every month is free at Pérez Art Museum Miami. Bonus for May: Arrive on a bike and receive free admission all month long thanks to National Bike Month.
- Leica Lounge Miami at Leica Lounge: Hang out with street photographer Juan Jose Reyes, who will discuss the art of the camera, its history, and its importance in photography today.
This Thursday, cycle your way to PAMM.
Courtesy of PAMM
- "Promising Paradise: Cuban Allure, American Seduction" at the Wolfsonian: Be among the first to see the museum's newest exhibition on early-20th-century Cuba.
Book Club: Living Well Is the Best Revenge at the Wolfsonian: Curl up with Calvin Tomkins’ now-classic 1971 account of the lives of two American expatriates who formed an extraordinary circle of friends, including Pablo Picasso and Ernest Hemingway.
- The Acoustic Carpet, Featuring Javier Garcia at Canvas Miami: During the first Acoustic Carpet of the year, watch one of Spain's finest artists, who has quickly become a Miami staple: Javier Garcia and his band.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.