Free Events This Week in Miami: Miami Soul Train, Coral Morphologic, and Malala Yousafzai
Photo by Monica McGivern
Nothing brings folks together like the lure of free fun. If that fun includes free booze and food, all the better. In honor of International Peace Day today, why not grab some friends and make new ones at one of the several kick ass events Miami has in store this week? Get ready for movies, dancing, and even a glimpse of the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner.
- Dressing Down the Movies at Fashion Project: Enjoy another week of free films with lasting fashion impact, from Ciao! Manhattan to Annie Hall.
Haiti and the Dominican Republic: A Conversation on Contemporary Relations at FIU Modesto A. Maidique Campus: Join this discussion of current themes driving the international relations between Haiti and the Dominican Republic, including border and migration issues.
Vino & Vibes: A Night With Bob Dylan at The Annex: Enjoy complimentary wine and gourmet flavored popcorn as Miami's Jesse Jackson pays tribute to the folk legend.
- Beer Club at Whole Foods Market Pinecrest: Funky Buddha Brewery gets in on this month's beer club meeting, which features free beer and cheese pairings.
Photo by Monica McGivern
Miami Soul Train at Canvas Miami: A silent dance party on the Metromover? Yes, please! If you can't make the ride, the Motown Getdown continues on the ground at Canvas, which features more dance fun, a live-stream of the transit dancers, late-night grub by Purple People Eatery, Motown-inspired Apothecary Airstream drinks featuring Beck's Beer specials.
Roe Ethridge at Miami Design District: This edition of ICA Speaks features the Miami-born artist, known for his seamless transitions between commercial photography and conceptual fine art exhibitions.
- He Named Me Malala at MDC Koubek Center: Get an early chance to see the upcoming documentary about Malala Yousafzai, a young Pakistani girl attacked by the Taliban for speaking out on girls' education, who went on to win the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Flannel Beach "The Doom Years" Album Release Show at Gramps: This Live All-Star Jam with Ricardo Guerrero, Dino Felipe, and Rick Fantasies features films by Coral Morphologic and five DJs — free before 10 p.m.
- Karaoke Night at Panther Coffee: Head to the Miami Beach location for their first ever karaoke night, complete with wine and food specials and prizes for the most loved singers.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.