Free Events This Week in Miami: Locust Roundtable, Ms .45 and French Sci-Fi
Screenshot from Ms .45
Somehow, summer Mondays seem like they shouldn't be a thing. Like, why are we even awake right now? Shouldn't we be propped up in a hammock for a mid-morning nap? With these absurd temperatures, physical exertion of any kind should be put on pause until fall rolls around again.
Alas, no such luck. It's a Monday like any other and we're back to the (sweaty) grind. But on the bright side, here's a list of stuff you can get into this week without spending any of the dough you're slaving away to earn.
- Ms. 45 screening at 1930 Social Club: Gutter Films kicks off its "Tough Girls" series with this payback flick about a traumatized girl who delivers murderous revenge on the men of NYC.
- SCORE small biz seminar at the Miami Beach Public Library: Been desperately wanting to ditch the 9 to 5 and strike out on your own? Now's your chance to score free advice from the experts.
- Locust Roundtable with Jim Drain at Locust Projects: Artist Jim Drain will tackle deep topics like the urge to make art, its potential as a therapeutic tool and the concept of an "authentic self," plus online vids that have helped him explore such issues.
- Rose Max and the Ramatis Quartet at The Gusman Center: Some concert tickets could cost you an arm, a leg or hell, even an ear. But this Wednesday, you can hear some smooth jazz on the gratis courtesy of the Miami Jazz Society.
- Free Friday at the Wolfsonian: Skip the bar scene for a change and get drunk on aesthetic pleasures, instead. Plus, check out a screening of 60s-era French sci-fi flick La Jetée.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.