Free Events This Week in Miami: Locust Roundtable, Ms .45 and French Sci-Fi
Screenshot from Ms .45
Somehow, summer Mondays seem like they shouldn't be a thing. Like, why are we even awake right now? Shouldn't we be propped up in a hammock for a mid-morning nap? With these absurd temperatures, physical exertion of any kind should be put on pause until fall rolls around again.
Alas, no such luck. It's a Monday like any other and we're back to the (sweaty) grind. But on the bright side, here's a list of stuff you can get into this week without spending any of the dough you're slaving away to earn.
- Ms. 45 screening at 1930 Social Club: Gutter Films kicks off its "Tough Girls" series with this payback flick about a traumatized girl who delivers murderous revenge on the men of NYC.
- SCORE small biz seminar at the Miami Beach Public Library: Been desperately wanting to ditch the 9 to 5 and strike out on your own? Now's your chance to score free advice from the experts.
- Locust Roundtable with Jim Drain at Locust Projects: Artist Jim Drain will tackle deep topics like the urge to make art, its potential as a therapeutic tool and the concept of an "authentic self," plus online vids that have helped him explore such issues.
- Rose Max and the Ramatis Quartet at The Gusman Center: Some concert tickets could cost you an arm, a leg or hell, even an ear. But this Wednesday, you can hear some smooth jazz on the gratis courtesy of the Miami Jazz Society.
- Free Friday at the Wolfsonian: Skip the bar scene for a change and get drunk on aesthetic pleasures, instead. Plus, check out a screening of 60s-era French sci-fi flick La Jetée.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Weekly information on all the on goings in the art and event world. Find out what the hot trends are and what's happening this week in our Arts newsletter. Coming Soon.