Free Events This Week in Miami: Fashion Week, Viernes Culturales, and Gloria Estefan
You ready to conga?
If you're attending the countless Winter Music Conference events starting tomorrow, and the frighteningly huge Ultra Music Festival this weekend, you're going to need all the extra money you can get. Instead of vegging out before the big shows, we suggest gradually upping your activities to build endurance. With these entertaining and free events — including another music festival — you'll be flush and ready for whatever the weekend brings.
FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami Beach on Ocean Drive: Honor Miami Beach's 100th year with a week of fashion, celebs, art, and music.
- Musicians' Forum at New World Symphony: Hear the favorites works of NWS' talented fellows.
- Maria Elena Ortiz at Locust Projects: Locust's latest roundtable, Curating in Mexican Heat, highlights the hurdles artists face in curating and creating art, from dwindling budgets to politics.
- Despicable Me 2 at SoundScape: Catch the second round of Gru and everyone's favorite minions.
- Hard Rock Rising Music Festival on Ocean Drive: Flo Rida, Wyclef Jean, Andrea Bocelli, Barry Gibb, and her majesty, Gloria Estefan, will jam till midnight.
- Vani Hari at Books & Books: The GMO-attacker and food activist presents her book, The Food Babe Way.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.