Free Events This Week in Miami: 3D Paintings, Ancient Israelites, and Italian Comedies
A patron admired the work of local artist Asser Saint-Van on display at the MDC Museum of Art and Design.
Another week, another hustle, but it doesn't have to be a struggle.
Resist the urge to strangle that coworker and treat yo'self. We're making it even easier for you by listing all these cool, free events.
Take advantage of some free art tours or even take a date to one of these fine film screenings, just don't mention the free ticket, and you'll look pretty baller.
Asser Saint-Val recreates his paintings in 3D.
- The Universe Within 6pne Asser Saint-Val: Prepare to be awestruck as this Haitian-born local's painting comes to life in three dimensions. It's all part of the artist's exciting and on-going series "The Philosopher's Stone." You've never quite experienced art like this, and it's free every evening this week at the MDC Museum of Art and Design, in the Freedom Tower.
- Opening Reception of Gogodala Exhibition: Head over to the FIU Frost Museum to learn about the Gogodala people, an ancient tribe of Israel. This exhibited presents carvings and other artifacts collected during a recent FIU expedition of the tribe's home in Papau New Guinea. The opening reception begins at 6 p.m.
- The Forgotten Space: Catch this thoughtful doc from Noel Burch and Allan Sekula that tries to assess the damage globalization has done to the ship, truck, and train industries, as seen through the spectrum of farmers, villagers and drivers' lives. See it at PAMM at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Junctures YoungArts Alumnus Hernan Bas '96: The new Alumnus series at the National YoungArts Foundation begins with the exhibit "New Perfumes, Larger Blossoms, Pleasures Untasted: Hernan Bas Selections from the Rubell Family Collection," curated by PAMM Director Thom Collins. It begins Thursday and runs through Friday, Nov. 14.
- Free Guided Tour of Wolfsonian Exhibitions: Take advantage of this peek into all the latest exhibitions while learning more about the space's art and design themes. The tour is only 45 minutes, and it kicks off at 6 p.m.
- Benur, un Gladiatore in Affitto: Catch a free screening presented by Cinema Italy, showcasing this award-winning comedy at the expense of main character Sergio, a former Hollywood stuntman reduced to the role of Centurion at the Coliseum.
Follow Kat Bein on Twitter @KatSaysKill.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.