If your weekend was anything like ours, you saw more Honey Boo Boos, sexy (fill in the blanks) and binders full of women than you'll ever forget -- even after a copious number of Halloween-themed jello shots. And it ain't over. Damn that Halloween coming mid-week; it requires at least three separate celebrations.
But perhaps you'll get a Halloween miracle, and your boss will grant you Thursday off. (Yeah, right.)
Even if you have to be in bed early on Wednesday night, there are plenty of lower-key (and free) diversions to keep you occupied all week. Enjoy.
- Flight screening at AMC Aventura: Denzel Washington plays a boozy pilot who successfully crash lands a plane. Perhaps that's oversimplifying it, but either way, who doesn't love a good Denzel drama?
- The Blue Angel and Darling screenings at the Tower Theater: Speakeasies, girls named Lola and old timey sex appeal never go out of style.
- Halloween Night on Lincoln Road Mall: There are few spectacles more awe-inspiring than the utterly outrageous getups lining Lincoln Road. From sexy Big Bird to the Miami zombie, you'll see it all, and much, much more than you wanted to.
- Family Movie Night at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park: The polar opposite of the above event. Those in the family way (we feel for you) can enjoy a kid-friendly evening of Halloween fun.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Social Influencers TC (Temporary Contemporary) Launch Party at the Bass Museum: Get a guided tour of the exhibition, a taste of Duvel beer and lots of intellectually stimulating mingling.
- The Great Gables Gallery Stroll: This "pedestrian adventure" will take you on an ambling excursion in and out of Gables' galleries down Ponce de Leon.