Free Events This Week: Giant Psychic Dog, Holiday Lights, ¡Desayuno Cubano!
It's Basel week! Which means seven days of little sleep, lots of booze, and more art than you ever thought imaginable. From sexting to psychic dogs, the lineup of installations, events, and schmoozfests is mind-numbing.
Luckily, there are lots of ways to get your Basel on without spending a lot of dough (unless you get drunk and buy a $2.3 million coffin full of drugs, but we can't help you there). Here are our favorites for the week:
- Marine Stadium Photography Exhibit at the National Hotel: Take a gander at Jay Koenigsberg's snapshots of the iconic Miami Marine Stadium, once ground zero for some of music's biggest names.
- The Black Lords by Desi Santiago at Lords South Beach: Get your fortune told by a gargantuan, psychic black dog -- because she's got more credibility than Sylvia Brown.
- Holiday Lighting Ceremony at Miami Beach City Hall: Listen to little angels sing their holiday hearts out, nosh on seasonal treats and gaze in awe at trees aglow.
- Preview breakfast at Ink Miami Art Fair: Browse works of art on paper while you get your grub on at a ¡Desayuno Cubano!
- Street Festival of Music, Art & Performance at Harold Golen Gallery: Groove to the sounds of electroacoustic music in the streets of Wynwood.
- Brunch at Enrique Martínez Celaya's Studio: Browse the large-scale paintings and massive sculptures of Cuban American artist Enrique Martínez Celaya.
- Opening of LAN and TAM Make Flight at MAPS Production House: Make like like the Wright Brothers and help power a flying machine.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.