Free Events This Week: Everglades National Park, Food Truck Fest, NASCAR Championship
It's mid morning, and by now, let's hope your weekend hangover is starting to subside.
Whether you're still hurting from Saturday night shenanigans or more recent Sunday evening escapades, a few more cups of coffee, some water cooler hydration breaks and a greasy breakfast sammie should help.
To further aid in your recovery process, we've got your roundup of sweet events this week. So you have something to look forward to.
- Free entry to National Parks: Screw city life and get au natural for an afternoon at the Everglades National Park or Dry Tortugas National Park.
Bob B. Brown/Flickr CC
- University of Miami Jazz Band at Miami Tower Sky Lounge: Sit through some soothing tunes from UM's finest jazzists.
- Miami Beach Food Truck and Music Fest at North Shore Park Bandshell: Music, food, ocean views and did we mention food? From Ms Cheezious to Mushaboom, it's a winning combo for a Wednesday.
- Nascar Championship Drive at Lummus Park: Ok, so Lummus Park may not be set up for speeding cars and pit stops - but they are the perfect place for Daughtry and Frankie J. Sweet tunes, courtesy of Ricky Bobby and team.
- Ky-Mani Marley at Bayfront Park: With reggae tunes, a nighttime farmers market and arts and crafts under a star-filled sky - you might be inspired to start singing Kumbaya.
- Pigs in Paradise at Seminole Casino: Pork shortage? Pssshaw. Dig into the pig at this championship BBQ event. Chances are the pig races, car show, motorcycle rally, celebrity cook-off and live music will all pale in comparison to the juicy eats.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Weekly information on all the on goings in the art and event world. Find out what the hot trends are and what's happening this week in our Arts newsletter. Coming Soon.