Eleven Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
We've been feeling pretty empty lately. Ever since the art world packed their designer bags and went back to Paris, New York, Milan and Hong Kong, we've been itching to fill that Basel void in our heart.
Wait a tick, it's the second weekend of December! Hello, Second Saturday Art Walk. That's right, y'all. More art, more galleries, and most importantly, more cheap booze.
Don't worry, there's plenty of other stuff going down this weekend too. In fact, check out our top 11 picks after the cut.
- A Pair of Nuts Live: Yamil Piedra and Johnny Trabanco are nuts, goddamn funny ones. Check 'em out in Coral Gables this weekend.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Let's Prog Rock the Holidays, Trans-Siberia style.
- Big Sean: Put your hands up for Detroit rap city. Represent.
- The Nutcracker: We still giggle when we hear "nutcracker."
- Reality Conference: Ruba Katrib says, "the Reality Conference is an opportunity to take the stuff of casual conversations and turn it into more thoughtful -- but still fun -- presentations and discussions."
- Second Saturday Art Walk: We'll never get tired of art.
- Stephanie Miller's Sexy Liberal Comedy Tour: Let's all laugh at the GOP.
- Daddy Yankee: This dude's on fire. Make sure to keep the "Gasolina" away from him.
- Class Actress: Wash Second Saturday down with a little electro-pop.
- Miami Dolphins: We missed last week's game because we were out Basel'n, but we heard the Dolphins are staring to look like an NFL team.
- Twain and Shaw Do Lunch: Just one week left to catch this brilliant play.
Get the Arts Newsletter
Weekly information on all the on goings in the art and event world. Find out what the hot trends are and what's happening this week in our Arts newsletter. Coming Soon.