Eleven Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. You know, in the sense that people look mad stressed at the mall; Coast 97.3 FM changed its format to all holiday tunes, all the time; and local news stations are littered with segments on how to stay safe during the holiday season.
Folks have seemingly forgotten about all the cool, non-holiday related stuff going down 'round the Magic City. From classic rock shows to womp-womp music, the weekend's packed with something for everybody.
Check our our list of best things to do this weekend after the cut.
- Suenalo: New Times' Best Latin Band of 2011 perform a free show in Little Havana tonight. Seriously, no es mentira.
- Sleeping Beauty: The classic fairy-tale retold in a feminist-friendly manner.
- Twain and Shaw do Lunch: This is the last week to catch this brilliant play before it's sent away to theatre retirement home.
- Siempre Vivire: Photographic Portraits of Celia Cruz: Have y'all been by Library's Hispanic Branch to pay tribute to the salsa queen?
- Outdoor Ice Skating in Downtown Miami: Ice skating in 80-degree weather? Yes please.
2nd Annual Skateboard Rodeo: Skateboard for a good cause -- a Cuban cause.
- Skrillex: It's womp-womp time, dubsteppers.
- Air Supply: Guess what, we found legendary easy-listening group Air Supply at the casino!
- Guerra de la Paz: Get your art fix at the Center for Visual Communication.
- Nutcracker: It's not December without a good Nutcracker.
- Zoo Lights: Let's light up the animals -- figuratively, of course.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.