Eleven Best Things to Do This Weekend in Miami
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. You know, in the sense that people look mad stressed at the mall; Coast 97.3 FM changed its format to all holiday tunes, all the time; and local news stations are littered with segments on how to stay safe during the holiday season.
Folks have seemingly forgotten about all the cool, non-holiday related stuff going down 'round the Magic City. From classic rock shows to womp-womp music, the weekend's packed with something for everybody.
Check our our list of best things to do this weekend after the cut.
- Suenalo: New Times' Best Latin Band of 2011 perform a free show in Little Havana tonight. Seriously, no es mentira.
- Sleeping Beauty: The classic fairy-tale retold in a feminist-friendly manner.
- Twain and Shaw do Lunch: This is the last week to catch this brilliant play before it's sent away to theatre retirement home.
- Siempre Vivire: Photographic Portraits of Celia Cruz: Have y'all been by Library's Hispanic Branch to pay tribute to the salsa queen?
- Outdoor Ice Skating in Downtown Miami: Ice skating in 80-degree weather? Yes please.
2nd Annual Skateboard Rodeo: Skateboard for a good cause -- a Cuban cause.
- Skrillex: It's womp-womp time, dubsteppers.
- Air Supply: Guess what, we found legendary easy-listening group Air Supply at the casino!
- Guerra de la Paz: Get your art fix at the Center for Visual Communication.
- Nutcracker: It's not December without a good Nutcracker.
- Zoo Lights: Let's light up the animals -- figuratively, of course.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.