When we say that we know the eight best things to do this weekend, do you put down your Jamba Juice and speed over to the Vagabond, Hard Rock, or wherever else we tell you to go? You should. You see, just as some of you get paid to sell questionable mortgages to people who can hardly afford it, we get paid to uncover the "most funnest" events Dade (and occasionally Broward).
While some lose sleep over their inventory duties at Hot Topic, we have neurotic night terrors about how all of you will spend your free time. Don't tell us these dark circles are all for naught. Click on for our weekend guide.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Soccer double-header featuring Jamaica, Guatemala, Honduras, and Grenada goes down at FIU's stadium
Cracks: Jordan Scott's (daughter of Ridley) debut film about boarding school girls getting feisty opens at Coral Gables Art Cinema. See the trailer here.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Miami River Boat Tour: Paul George leads a vessel through the murky waters of Miami's main artery. Expect to see trash and manatees and learns a lot of history.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: Will the same crowds turn out for this summer, muggy art walk? Are will only actual art fans endure a muggy night on the street? Two new things to look out for: Lester's for a mid-walk refreshment and the shuttle, which at $15 a ride, no one will use. See our gallery picks here.
- Joel McHale: The funnyman takes a break from being Jeff Winger on Community and hosting The Soup to regale South Floridians with his barbs at Hard Rock. Congrats to our lucky winner who pocketed two free tickets.
- Katy Perry: Can you shoot whip cream out of your nipples? This girl can. And such mammary skills are overwhelming anything to do with your pop vocals.
Mini Gaga: We couldn't afford to go to Gaga's Monster's Ball so we're looking forward to the 1/3 the experience and 1/3 the price with Mini Gaga at the Vagabond's Backdoor Bamby anniversary party.
- Dick Dale: The elder surf rocker Dick Dale shows young folks some Malibu shredding at the Vagabond.