Da Vinci Code Author Dan Brown to Open Miami Book Fair International 2013
Get ready for the Illuminati, historical mysteries, and flashbacks to Tom Hanks' gross long hair. Dan Brown, bestselling author of The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol, is coming to Miami.
Brown will launch the 2013 Miami Book Fair International and lead this year's author lineup with an event November 17 at the Olympia Theater at the Gusman Center.
Brown's appearance will be the first in this year's MBFI "Evenings With..." series. The schedule is still not quite complete, organizers told New Times this morning, but confirmed events so far include:
- Feminist author Erica Jong (Fear of Flying) in conversation with Jennifer Weiner (Good in Bed, In Her Shoes)
- Pat Conroy (The Prince of Tides) and his wife, fellow author Cassandra King (The Sunday Wife)
- Wally Lamb (She's Come Undone; I Know This Much Is True)
Sherman Alexie; Reza Azlan; Rep. John Lewis; and Terry McMillan are also on this year's "Evenings With..." agenda. Plus, screen diva Anjelica Huston will have her own event as well, to promote her new memoir, A Story Lately Told: Coming of Age in Ireland, London and New York.
Tickets for Brown's appearance go on sale Monday, September 23, at 10 a.m. for $15 each. Tickets for other "Evenings With..." events go on sale to book fair members at 10 a.m. October 28 and to the general public November 4.
Follow Ciara LaVelle on Twitter @ciaralavelle.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.
More Arts News
- Step Afrika! Dance Company Finds Its Roots in African Traditions and Campus Greek Life
Thu., Feb. 18, 8:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Feb. 20, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 21, 3:00pm
- University of Miami Alum Jason Silva Debuts Season Five of NatGeo's Brain Games...
- MasterMind 2016 Honorable Mention: Douglas Hoekzema