Cultist Seeks Writers For Art, Film, Events, and Pop Culture
Summer's almost over. Miami's arts schedule is about to get a lot more crowded. And we're looking for a few new voices to help us cover it all.
If you're a writer interested in the cultural side of South Florida, a talented reporter closely connected to the city's arts leaders, or a pop-culture obsessed blogger with a knack for spotting juicy news, we want to hear from you. (If you're some combination of the above, even better.)
Specifically, we're seeking the following:
- Arts reporters with experience interviewing artists and reviewing art exhibits
- Movie writers and reviewers, both for mainstream flicks and arthouse films
- Miami event experts who can creatively cover diverse (and often wacky) happenings around town
- Short-form news bloggers knowledgeable about culture in all its forms (particularly pop culture) and who can meet a tight deadline
If that sounds like you, send the following to email@example.com:
- A short letter describing yourself and your interests (i.e. what you'd like to contribute to Cultist)
- Your resume
- Three to five clips, ideally related to the subject(s) you'd like to cover for us
- One or two story pitches
Magique - Experience The Illusion
TicketsSun., Mar. 26, 8:00pm
Dr. Morton - New President, New Foreign Policy: Two-Month Assessment
TicketsMon., Mar. 27, 7:30pm
TicketsWed., Mar. 29, 8:00pm
TicketsThu., Mar. 30, 8:00pm
Jimmy Carr: The Best Of, Ultimate, Gold, Greatest Hits Tour
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 8:00pm
Applications missing the above will be disregarded. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact those who meet our requirements. No phone calls, please.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Miami and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.