Summer's almost over. Miami's arts schedule is about to get a lot more crowded. And we're looking for a few new voices to help us cover it all.
If you're a writer interested in the cultural side of South Florida, a talented reporter closely connected to the city's arts leaders, or a pop-culture obsessed blogger with a knack for spotting juicy news, we want to hear from you. (If you're some combination of the above, even better.)
Specifically, we're seeking the following:
- Arts reporters with experience interviewing artists and reviewing art exhibits
- Movie writers and reviewers, both for mainstream flicks and arthouse films
- Miami event experts who can creatively cover diverse (and often wacky) happenings around town
- Short-form news bloggers knowledgeable about culture in all its forms (particularly pop culture) and who can meet a tight deadline
If that sounds like you, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- A short letter describing yourself and your interests (i.e. what you'd like to contribute to Cultist)
- Your resume
- Three to five clips, ideally related to the subject(s) you'd like to cover for us
- One or two story pitches
Applications missing the above will be disregarded. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact those who meet our requirements. No phone calls, please.