Yes, that's right. Weekend's here. Time to drink so much you forget Monday is a mere 48 hours away. We kid! Put down the bottle and go out and get cultured.
- You won't see this too often: The freakin' rodeo is in town until Sunday.
over to the Homestead Championship Rodeo for a look at how the rest of the country spends their weekends.
- Fridays at the Vagabond are always a guaranteed good time, but tonight, think twice about skipping it, because Astari Nite will perform in support of its new EP, True Romance. The local band's New Wave, Brit-pop sound recently scored the group a place on Rock Band 2.
- How many Elvises is too many? Find out this Saturday at the Ultimate Elvis Tour, where four tribute artists perform as the attractive, young Elvis and not the scary, fat Elvis.
- Go see The Maid, or La Nana,
at the Tower Theater on Saturday and see what happens when you piss off
the help. The film was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at this
year's Golden Globes and Independent Spirit Awards. Plus, Tower movie
tickets cost only $6.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Say goodbye to the Upper East Garden at their closing party this Saturday. Free Grolsch and illy coffee.
- We hear you
like adult toys. Ya know, the kind you display and don't play with.
This Sunday, marvel at the whimsical and well-made play things at the Miami Antique Toy Show. Look but don't touch!