Yesterday, we asked the copy machine if we could head home early from the office. We're ready for the weekend. Bring on the deep-toned plucks of an upright bass, the rainbow-hued parades and parties, all-you-can-drink beer, a trip to Miami's fabled Cuban food meccas, and a night of indie blues-rock.
- Destined for greatness since her days fronting Noise for Pretend, Esperanza Spalding now woos with jazzy vocals and an upright bass. See her tonight at the Colony Theater.
- It's no small feat that independent record store and all-around music epicenter Sweat Records has survived five years in this crazy town. Come celebrate with them and other Miami music lovers at Saturday's SweatStock. Hear locals MillionYoung and Sub Pop's No Age.
- We think you should have Pride every damn day, but the City of Miami Beach is making sure you enjoy your day out this weekend.
- Yes, Beerfest
is in Broward but there's gonna be lots'o'beer! And it's not just kegs of warm
Bud. There'll be handcrafted microbrews, in which you can taste every
hop and barley.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The rest of the country salivates at the thought of our unlimited resources of bistec, flan, and mojitos. Take the Cuba Bonita Food Tour and enjoy the edible perks of living in the 305
- Wilco, Of Montreal, Band of Horses...the Fillmore is really on top of their bookings lately. This Sunday, spend less than $30 and hear The Black Keys play live.