- Tattoo artists from all over country will descend on Miami's downtown Hyatt this weekend for the three-day Tattoolapalooza. There'll be tattoo contests, marauding evil clowns, inking seminars, gnarly bikers, and goth punk bands. If you're going to get inked, this is the place to do it.
- Yes, it is genetically possible for there to be two funny guys born into the same family. Charlie Murphy doesn't play second fiddle to brother Eddie. He gets his own laughs on his Comedy Central special, I Will Not Apologize, on The Chapelle Show, and in his book The Making of a Stand-Up Guy. He performs at the Miami Improv all weekend long.
- OK, so house music is kinda of annoying. But it wasn't always the
relentless untz-untz pulsing out of megaclubs and South
Beach bikini shops. Back in the '80s, in San Francisco's warehouse
district, house was cool, and Doc Martin was the DJ driving it all. Hear
him spin tonight at the Electric Pickle.
After that freakin ref blew our totally legit goal against Slovenia,
the USA soccer team raised everyone's blood pressure again by saving their
and find a patriotic watering hole to watch it in.
- Provocateur and filmmaker Spike Lee makes two appearances in Miami on Saturday
for the American Black Film Festival. First, he teaches an
art-of-filmmaking class and then he talks with CNN's Soledad O'Brien about his
If you haven't checked out Grand Central yet, you'll have another excuse
this Saturday night when Chi-town hipster-hopper Kid Sister and
electro-meringue MC Maluca perform.
- Our film reviewer called the Banksy film Exit Through the Gift Shop a
"definitive portrait of street-art counterculture" and a " hilarious
exposé on the gullibility of the masses who embrace manufactured
creative personas." It screens at the incredibly mainstream AMC Sunset
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!