Ten Bucks, Good Food

Top eats near home.

Big Slick's is a big deli that serves 16 types of sandwiches: "small blinds" from $5.95 to $6.95 and "big blinds" from $7.95 to $8.95. The menu is playing-card-themed, so a sandwich of honey-maple turkey, melted Swiss, and Russian dressing is "3 of a Kind"; the grilled chicken, bacon, provolone, and pickles version becomes "Two Pair." Besides the aforementioned chicken chop salad, a good under-10 bet is a small blind meatball parmigiana ($5.95) on fresh-baked baguette (rye, onion roll, and whole wheat are also offered) with a pint of homemade soup of the day ($3.95). Or any small sandwich (which should be noted are not at all small) accessorized with a can of soda and choice of potato salad or coleslaw for $1.99 extra.

Joe Rocco

Location Info

Map

Piri Piri Grill

9517 Harding Ave.
Surfside, FL 33154

Category: Restaurant > African

Region: North Dade

Details

Big Slick's Deli & Catering: 15455 N. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach; 305-940-4141. Open for lunch Monday through Friday 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. La Boîte à Pizza: 1679 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-531-1900. Open for lunch and dinner Sunday through Wednesday 11 a.m. to midnight, Thursday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. The Jam Café: 1935 West Ave., #102, Miami Beach; 305-538-5877. Open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Piri Piri Grill: 9517 Harding Ave., Surfside; 305-861-6886. Open for breakfast, lunch, and early dinner daily 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Related Stories

More About

These eateries have something in common other than good, inexpensive offerings: The owners are on hand, working, at all four spots. It's been said that 90 percent of success is just showing up. The other 10 percent usually involves plain dumb luck, which we wish for these budget-conscious entrepreneurs.

« Previous Page
 |
 
1
 
2
 
All
 
My Voice Nation Help
0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest
 
Loading...