Pitbull Remixes Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" ... Daleee!
By S. Pajot
Dolphins Stadium Renovation Was Failing at Polls
By Tim Elfrink
Florida Secretly Shortened Yellow Light Times
Kiera Wilmot Won't Face Charges
By Kyle Munzenrieder
Marco Rubio Got an $800K Advance on His Book
Yathomas Riley Returns to the Ring
By Michael E. Miller
Burn Notice Is Officially Ending
Chuck E. Cheese Games Technically Illegal Under New Law
Dear Alexander Payne: How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) You made Election and About Schmidt, two hilarious, probing comedies about suburban anomie and human angst.
2) You followed these with Sideways, transporting the same deep humor into a totally different milieu and combining a loser-buddy pic with an homage to the central California coast.
3) You cast Paul Giamatti.
4) You cast Virginia Madsen.
5) You turned down George Clooney -- who wanted the part of has-been actor Jack -- because nobody would believe he was a has-been.
6) Instead of Clooney, you went with Thomas Haden Church, an actual has-been, who aced the role.
7) You refused, in short, to sell out.
8) Even though your money was coming from a studio.
9) You knew how to maintain control, including in the casting.
10) And you trusted that your vision was superior.
11) Finally, you stayed intimate, resisting the temptation to make a grand, Hollywood-style epic with Big Themes.
12) Unlike some directors I could mention, but won't.
13) Okay, it's Jean-Pierre Jeunet, whose films are getting successively worse.
14) What is A Very Long Engagement? It is an overhyped, overly sentimental rehearsal of a thousand films we've seen before.
15) But enough about him.
16) Thanks, Mr. Payne. I love you.
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city