• Box: The much-anticipated reopening of what was once one of Miami's premiere alternative spaces features performance art from Miamians such as David Rohn, Rene Barge, Jiae Hwang, and nine others in a simultaneous group show called "Front & Center." Opening on Saturday, November 15, at 8:00 p.m. at Box, 70 NE 17th St.; 305-607-5527.
Craig Kucia's If You Look Too Deeply Everything Breaks Your Heart
By Daniel Scheimberg and Craig Kucia, through November 28; Call 305-576-2000, kevinbrukgallery.com.
• The Jewish Museum of Florida: An exhibit featuring photographs, paintings, and heirlooms such as rugs and jewels, illustrating the amazing immigration of a Jewish family from Iran to Turkmenistan to Miami, is what "From Persia to Miami: A Journey for Survival" is all about. Opening on Tuesday, November 18. Museum hours are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Jewish Museum, 301 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-5044.
• The Lowe Museum of Art: University of Miami's art museum hosts an evening with the artist for a glass show, part of the Miami Hot: Glass Workshop Series collection, with work from Robin Grebe. From 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 15, at the Lowe, 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-2542.
• Miami Art Museum: Part of the museum's acclaimed New Work series, this one includes a collaboration from Janine Antoni and Paul Ramirez Jonas, a video installation shot from the front and the back of a boat, and other new works from the two artists. Opening on Friday, November 14, at 7:00 p.m. at MAM, 101 W. Flagler St.; 305-375-1725.
• The Mutiny Hotel: Coconut Grove's most famous hotel exhibits "Todo Sobre Mujeres"from Ramon Unzueta. Opening on Friday, November 14, at 7:00 p.m. in the Mutiny, 2951 S. Bayshore Dr.; 305-444-4033.
• Rocket Projects: The multipurpose alternative space hosts a rock and roll fashion show, featuring the spring line of Triskelion Couture, by Patricia Gomez-Gracia. Opening on Saturday, November 15, at 8:00 p.m., with fashion show at 9:00 at Rocket Projects, 3440 N. Miami Ave.; 305-576-6082.
• Quantum Center: It's one of those real estate-gets-together-with-art group events -- in this case it's Gen Art's "I Love Miami: An Urban Experience," photographs from -- you guessed it -- emerging artists, curated by Dustin Orlando, with a T-shirt exhibit curated by Jessica Lopez, and music from DJ Jody McDonald. On Friday, November 14, at 8:00 p.m. at the Quantum Center, 1751 Biscayne Blvd.